Monday, September 24, 2007

Amplification and Compression

A situation in which I feel that amplification would be useful could be addressing an audience that does not know much about the subject or is not familiar with the topic being discussed. The use of amplifeication would probably work best. A context in which compressive writing may work better may be the MySpace presentation that our group is giving. I feel that this may be better said if it is put into the category of ccompressed writing because it is more clear and respectful to the audience that may already know enough about the subject.

1 comment:

Chris Stewart AS said...

You also have a nice statement about the contrasts of amplification and compression. One comment that I would make is that if you use compression too much during your presentation no one will understand you, and if you use amplification for to long you might run out of time. I am sorry if I sound too demanding, but I just want to advise you the dangers of both of these terms and how they apply on your life and your second essay. I am very eager to hear your presentation, and I hope it goes well. Thanks for your comments on my post.