Monday, September 17, 2007

craiglist

I think that what Putnam and Feldstein are trying to argue is that craigslist is a physical community even though its like an online resource cite. At first when reading this article, when they were describing craigslist I felt like it reminded me of a newspaper advertisement section but it's really much more than that. Its a place where people can find a job, meet significant others, sell items, create clubs, and many other things. I would have to agree with Putnam and Feldstein that craigslist is a community even though it has alot of small communities inside this big community which I think makes it unique.

1 comment:

ErinF said...

I agree that the website seems similar to a newspaper. If you think about it, a person can get a lot of the information avaialable on the website, from a newspaper.