Wednesday, October 3, 2007

assertive response

i believe in my chosen field being assertive is the main quality. my desired career goal is that of an insurance claims adjuster and i believe that i have to be assertive when i am dealing with peoples claims. i have to have the knowledge of that persons plan and be direct with that person in determining if that person gets a claim or not, whats covered in that particular person policy, and like the book states i have to use direct statements. i know at the hospital where i work now, i am assertive, but to other people i.e. my fellow co-workers they see me as arrogant, which sometimes i can be, but that's because i do not tolerate a lot of stuff, i cannot stand illogical reasoning. this is another reason i have chosen to go into the insurance field especially in claims because it gives me a chance to use logic as well as being assertive. even in times of crisis such as a tornado, flood, earthquake, etc that i have to be quick with peoples claims and be direct and to the point so to me assertiveness in my field is justified and thus needed

1 comment:

Mr. Wiebe said...

Nice insights. That probably would be the more likely effect on your career.