Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Response on Wikipedia

Although wikipedia is a patroled site, and does allow users the options to correct errors when found, wikipedia was never an acceptable site to use as a source when doing assignments. I
never really understood why this was not a credible source until doing the readings.

Although wikipedia allows falsifications to be revised, I feel that the fact that these errors are even allowed on a site, that is widely used, in the first place may make the site seem incredible. I feel that even though this site is patroled, it does still allow for false information to make it onto the system. Because of this one may think that the site is biased, or they may see that just like any site, mistakes are made.

I feel one's perception of this site really just depends on the viewers. I personally have always been told to not use wikipedia, but when doing small research for myself, I have never had problems finding the information I need.

No comments: