Monday, August 20, 2007

Introduction: Elizabeth Fleitz

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and i'm your instructor this semester. I'm a 3rd year Ph.D in Rhetoric and Writing, having just passed my preliminary exam two weeks ago. I also teach English 111 this semester, and have taught both 111 and 112 for the past four years. I got my BS in Education with a focus in Integrated Language Arts Grades 7-12, and then got an MA in Literature. I like school so much I'm still here! I have two more years for this degree, then I'm off to find a full-time teaching job at a university. I'm planning to write my dissertation on cookbooks and how they work as an empowering text for women.

In my free time (what's that?), I like to read, cook, sit out on my balcony with my plants, and check Facebook. (Yes, I fully admit I have an addiction to the website.) I wish I had just one more week of summer, but still I'm excited to be teaching 207 this fall!

See you on Wednesday,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

cbfour12 said...

interesting you are a pretty busy person, i would like to know more about that cookbook that you preparing that sounds interesting to me

ejfleitz said...

it's actually a study of cookbooks, how the language of and organization of cookbooks helped women move from a marginalized position in society to a public space of authority. Glad you're interested in it!

cbfour12 said...

hmmmm that does sound interesting, i am curious as to how cookbooks lead to this new authority because i never would have thought that basic cookbooks could empower anyone, i know i use cookbooks to learn how to cook lol. but seriously i would love to oneday in the future read your findings