Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby Girl Greeting Card

The card I picked (http://reminders.barnesandnoble.com/ecard/detail.asp?CGID=22&CARDID=18178&PAGE=0) was an e-card for a baby girl. The message only says; "It's a baby girl!" The picture on the cards says more. Its a picture of a baby girl chick that just hatched out of her egg and when she emerges she is holding a pick mirror and looking at herself through it. The makers of that card assume that since its a girl she will probably be prissy and looking at herself in the mirror to see if she looks ok. The mirror is also pink which I think ties into the reading about how gender is stereotyped. This seems to be an issue for some people, but honestly for me I don't see the color of a card being that big of a deal. Yes I think that people have sterotyped gender but who cares? I think people need to relax and not look so much into things. My favorite color is blue, and I don't see anyone making a big deal about it.

No comments: