Thursday, September 6, 2007

sept 7th 2007 post

I believe that the relationship between the student and the professor is the main idea in Rubins reading. I think that professors should have open communication with their students. E-mails for example shouldn't have to have structures to them where the student feels that they have to be prim and proper every time. I believe that the student should be able to joke and get to know their professors. I also agree that most syllabus's are confusing and misleading. I also feel that professors are always hard to get a hold of. They need to make time outside of class to help and maintain a relationship with their students. I totally agree with the reading and found it to be really interesting. This is something I feel is over-looked all the time on college campus's.

2 comments:

danni boyd said...

I agree that relationships between professors and students should be far less formal. Professors should be respected, but at the same time they are the main resource for students and the relationship should be open and inviting. Professors that make an effort to break down the formal barriers with their students will most likely see more participation in class and students who really understand the material.

Kfrye said...

I have to agree with you about the E-mail aspect of communicating with a professor. it is very structured and it should be a little more free and be able to word your sentences how ever you want. I feel some professors try to be more available i had an English professor like that my freshmen year she was always available for help and would always make time for the students. we need more of that.