Friday, September 7, 2007

My response to Limerick


In Limerick's article she kept mentioning how a lot of academic writing is dull, and long sentences. then the professors just ask for the opposite thing in return something that has your own voice to it. but to use the reading as a guide for your writing. I find that most of the time people will just pick a sentence or two and somehow word it into their paper if they did not understand the long and boring reading. I think that it is a problem it is hard to find good understandable good academic writing. I think that most of the people who write those things are not thinking how a reader would react to this. There are very few textbooks that i had not found difficult or interesting to read. I would think that when an academic writer is writing something for others to learn from that it should be tough at parts but pretty understanding. Most of the time I do not think that is the case.

1 comment:

Sarah Mabe said...

i agree with what you are saying about how the academic writers are not keeping their audience in mind as they write. i feel that since we are taught to focus on the intended audience, they should do the same.