Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cassie Dzienny 1st response

I have always enjoyed reading and writing. At preschool when I was young, I was the kid in the corner with a book in her hand at all times. I appreciated the articles by Rose and Raymond, but could not associate with them as a first hand experience. I have always been strong with writing and reading. In my free time, I love to read all kinds of novels. My favorite read of the summer was The Kite Runner, which I enjoyed tremendously, as well as A Mighty Heart. I have recently been very interested in reading novels about the present-day lifestyle of people in the Middle East. I find it very fascinating.

I can see how if you were brought up in a bad neighborhood, or had a learning disability, such as dyslexia, school might be difficult and seem impossible. I would be interested in reading more about this, and personal accounts of people who struggle in school so that I could get a better understanding of how it might feel to struggle with something others find so easy.

No comments: