Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First homework response

We begin gaining literacy when we learn the alphabet, right? For me, my first memorable learning experience was with "The Letter People". It was either a show or a series of videos my teacher would show us once or twice a week. Educational entertainment at it's best, I say.

Ann Westrick, my sophomore English instructor (Eng 112) greatly influenced my writing skills. Perhaps I should give some credit to the class in general, but she was wonderful. That class, along with Eng 111, taught me how to set up my papers and write quite effectively. Without either of those classes, I would not be the writer I am today.
-Ashley Ward

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I loved the letter people in Pre-school! I also credit a lot of my writing to my Eng 111 prof J. Cleavenger!

Erised said...

Wow, Letter People really takes me back. That was also my intro into the wonderful world of literacy.