Friday, October 12, 2007

Alex's essay

My initial reaction to this paper is good. It is well organized and gives a well rounded description of the public speaking discourse community. The strength’s I noticed were all of the resources used. It really helped to back your paper up when I saw a lot of research done. The research seemed credible too. The weakness noticed in the paper is length. It is long enough, but with more examples and issues discussed in your paper, with more research, your paper could really come around. I’m not suggesting more research to be done, but further in depth. Maybe discuss a few more issues or so. When reading the paper aloud, it sounded good. It wasn’t boring either. It held my attention. I am now more informed about this discourse community: public speaking.

No comments: