Monday, August 27, 2007

Response 3

English for me is a way to communicate to someone. English in my life shows my personality and lifestyle. My personality is always changing along with my english. If I am in a bad mood my english is horrible and I use alot of slang. If I am in a great mood I use perfect english to prove my point. The english language is my first and german is my second. I can relate to Tan's idea of trying to fit in with a foreign language. It was difficult for me not only to speak german but also to learn the customs and gestures. Plus there was many different dialects. I live in Rheinland which was differant from Saarland or Bavaria. I understand the struggles that people have in learning english as a second language because it is not just the words but also the heritage that goes with it.

No comments: