Tuesday, August 21, 2007

response to topic 1

As a youth i was always engaged with reading books and writing stories. My mother as well as my religion molded me to become a reader and a writer, activities that i enjoy a lot. I remember in elementry school we used to have weekly reading groups and i recall reading some of the great classics such as Treasure Island, A Wrinkle in Time, The Black Cauldron, and many other books. In the sixth grade that was when i started to write short stories because at the time i wanted to become an author.

I have to agree with Rose when he states in his article when he recieves papers back that state "rewrite", "awkard", or my favorite "does not make sense" without indicating exactly what they want. I can understand his frustrations when it comes to papers and i am sure anyone who has ever written a paper for a teacher can understand that as well.

1 comment:

Julie Pierce said...

I agree with you when you say that it was frustrating to see those small statements on your papers. The teachers thought the writer didn't explain something correctly or it was too vague, but then again all they wrote in response was "awkward".