Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Response to assignment 1

I think that my senior year of high school and my first year of college is where my writing really developed the most. Both of those years I learned a lot in how to develop, organize, and find useful resources for essays. In high school, I was in a tech prep program for education where we had to complete a portfolio with 24 essays in it by the end of the year. If it wasn't for that class I would probably still be in english 111 because we didn't do much writing in any of my english classes in high school. My teacher always took time out of her busy schedule and helped me to understand what was missing in my writing and pushed me to figure out on my own how to correct the mistakes. My instructor for 112 was also very helpful when it came to helping me to further my abilities in writing. He always explained his assignments thoroughly and we studied the material in depth before writing in class to make sure we understood what we were to do. Overall, I think that if it wasn't for those teachers that cared enough to help Raymond, Rose, and myself in our struggles with writing or reading that we probably wouldn't be where we are today.

1 comment:

Sarah Mabe said...

Wow, 24 papers in one year! I bet that really helped you out once you took 111. I just took 111 and 112 last year, but I learned A LOT from my teachers that I had never learned in high school. I completely know what you mean when you say you learned how to organize and construct a good paper. 111 and 112 were difficult, but extremely helpful!!