Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Response to Laib, Raymond and Rose/ assignment 1

There are many events and people that have influenced my writing over the years. The first person to influence my writing was Mr Stuebner, back in my senior year of high school. This was a college composition class. He introduced me to the different writing styles and how to perfect my writing skills. The second way I was influenced was by the military. This writing was very disciplined and concise. Reports and blotters were very to the point, but with extreme detail. Finally, English 111 and 112 shaped my writing into a cookie cutter fashion. I set up my writing like a math equation. Thesis statement, three points, counter arguement, then conclusion. These method seemed to be followed through both the courses which made them vary boring. Hopefully this course does not follow this model.

2 comments:

keving1981 said...

Vary is spelled incorrectly. Sorry!

hshoenl said...

I agree with you about English 111 and 112. The setup for every paper was always the same and I would also like to get away from that setup in this class.